Monday, December 06, 2004

Swimming during Advent

Yesterday was the 2nd Sunday of Advent. Katherine and I went with friends José and Laura Figueroa and others to the beach on Key Biscayne. We played Ultimate Frisbee, and went in the ocean. It was a little chilly, but not too bad. Several other people were swimming, many people were "laying out" in the sun, working on their tan. It was real warm in the sun. We cooked hot dogs and played dominoes. It was a bunch of fun.

It sure doesn't feel like Advent season, it is still so warm. I love it. I'm not complaining a bit. It's great. In fact, I think this is probably closer to the weather of the original Christmas season than I am used to.

Later we had friends Omar and Kate for dinner, laughing, eating, Idiot letters, and such. Those of you who know about our Sunday night gatherings will know what it was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home