Thursday, April 05, 2007

Don't Quit

I preached a sermon on Nehemiah 6 at Grenada Presbyterian Church on March 25. It was my 7th or 8th full length sermon. I've been waiting for GPC to put it up on their website, and I would link to it for you to download, but we're still waiting. When (and if ) they put it up, I'll link to it from here. I think it is worth listening to (otherwise I would not have inflicted it upon the congregation).

A few new things -- it was the first time for me to preach the same sermon at two different services in the same morning. The two were remarkable different. I was really surprised by that. The pastor of the church (who heard both live) said my cadence was different, too. Hmm...

Also, it was my first time to preach in a robe. I liked it as I thought I would. I like the symbol -- the robe represents someone who has studied hard, has been tested, and has been approved -- someone who can be trusted -- someone with authority (judge, professor, etc). Also, the plain-ness of the black academic (or Geneva) robe diminishes any attention on anything but the Word of God. It's not very comfortable, though.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Marquito said...

I don't trust men in robes...

2:05 PM, April 09, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

but you trust men in dresses...bp

2:07 AM, April 13, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home