Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Tired and Lonely

We've been in Miami for 3 months today. Miami is great! The weather during the dry months that are not summer is amazing. I've never seen sunsets and sunrises like this -- everyday. It seems that God is doing some new things in Miami in the PCA. Christiano, José and I met together on Sunday and were very encouraged. I'm excited that God is using us and may use us greatly in the future. Great opportunities abound.

But I'm tired and lonely. It is hard to move to a new city. Katherine and I moved to Texas together, then to Missouri, now to Florida. I'm working a lot, and I don't get to see her much. The excitement of newness has worn off and I'm ready to quit, or take a vacation, or something. Unfortunately, I'm working through the holidays. Our house is a mess and needs great attention, but I'm rarely there, and exhausted when I am. Nobody in Miami really knows us -- though we do have people who really care. But relationships take time, and it is happening, but, as I said, relationships take time. There's hope, but I'm tired, and lonely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home