Monday, July 11, 2005

Hurricane Dennis

The first big storm of the 2005 season. It missed us, and I'm glad -- we got some pretty aweful weather, but no casualties. However, Dennis was the most deadly storm in Cuba in 40 years. As a new resident, I am learning the beauty and beast that is the weather in South Florida. As I drove to work on Friday morning, I saw one of the most beautiful sunrises I've ever seen -- beatiful sunrises have become a regular part of my mornings, but this one was particularly amazing. That evening, the rain and wind from Dennis was another site to behold. The contrast was striking.

1 Comments:

Blogger James said...

I love to see the sun over the sea I miss it sooooooo bad. but I'm glad to hear that Dennis missed you. when I think about the storms I pray for you and every one in Grenada.

9:03 AM, July 18, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home