Wednesday, July 06, 2005

WIR -- The Hispanic Challenge

The Hispanic Challenge: Opportunities confronting the church
by Manuel Ortiz


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Terrific book. Much better than average. I've read lots of books that had titles like this, and usually, I don't finish them, but Ortiz is terrific. Published in 1993, I thought it might be quite dated now (and the statistics definately are), but no -- the historical perspective of Mexican-Americans, Puerto Ricans and Cuban-Americans is worth the price of the book and the time of reading -- and that's just a part of it. Anyone (Hispanic or not) interested in thinking about ministering to Hispanic people needs to start with this book. Very helpful.

Thanks to my pastor, the Rev. David Moran for recommending and lending me this book, but I'll have to buy my own copy now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home