Friday, April 29, 2005

WIR: Generous Orthodoxy

WIR stands for "What I'm Reading." I'm reading this book --

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wow. McClaren is interesting. I personally think he is on the leading edge of conservative postmodern ministers. I think he is doing some good work in ministry, and making a lot of mistakes and learning a great deal. I think a more sophisticated postmodern ministry model will develop out of his great work. Very helpful and influential book. This is not really a book review, but just an update -- it's what is interesting to me now. As a conservative postmodern Christian, I like much of what he said. I'm not with him in his conclusions, but his method mirrors mine closely and for that reason alone, it is worth your time and effort, but there are great gems in this book beyond the method waiting for a diligent reader. But, I would suggest reading with a partner.

1 Comments:

Blogger nickg said...

You wrote: "I'm not with him in his conclusions, but his method mirrors mine closely..."

Bingo! That is exactly the way I feel about McClaren. I don't always agree with him, but I want to do ministry and live Christianly in a way something like he does. I haven't seen this book yet; I'll have to check it out.

9:34 PM, April 29, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home