Tuesday, December 21, 2004

LOTR-ROTK-ED

We watched The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, Extended Edition last night with friends Omar and Kate Ortiz. Excellent. Absolutely brilliant. I think this is my favorite movie bar none -- though the meaning is certainly obscured or clouded without the first two movies. I cannot say the book is better. The book is different, certainly not worse, but it is a different medium. Hard to compare the two, I think. They compliment each other well. One major drawback -- Jackson omitted the scourging of the Shire. I think this was an important part of the book, and helps to complete the picture of our Shire here, now. Our war is over, victory won, but there are still some skirmishes to be fought. Onward and upward.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home