Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Hmm..

don't know what happened, or why it happened.

lost.

tired.

gone.

growing?

Our adventure with the boys is done. "It was not a good fit," I say with a smile I hope will convince you not to ask anymore questions.

Perhaps I can return to my life . . .

For you who are religious minded -- I believe God calls two particular kinds of professional Christian leaders. Elders and deacons. The elders are called to the ministry of the word and sacrament. The decons are called to the ministry of service (see Acts 6). I am an elder, not a deacon.

Still working through lots of family systems stuff . . . I'm still learning that I am not my father -- and I never will be.

Scarred.

Broken but hopeful.

Torn but not destroyed.

Pain but joy.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Willy. I was pleased to see a new entry show up under your name in my RSS feeds (finally). I'm sorry that things didn't work out with the boys. It sounds like you and Katherine have been through a difficult time. You have my sympathies and prayers.

- Steve

5:42 PM, November 16, 2005  
Blogger William Sofield said...

Thanks Steve. It's good to hear from you. It's good to be in the land of the living and thinking and breathing again.

12:35 PM, November 17, 2005  
Blogger James said...

you will be in my prayers!

11:20 AM, November 18, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home