Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Board Certified Chaplain

My professional name got 3 more letters last Friday. Now, I am "William Sofield, BCC." That is, "Board Certified Chaplain." This was a very long process with an enormous amount of work similar to the nursing boards, or the bar for attourneys. This certification is a requirement for chaplains at all hospitals. I could not keep my job without having it, or a reasonable plan to get it. So now I am a professional chaplain.

On a more reflective note -- I've been working toward an easily-defined, definate, educational/professional goal all my life. High school graduation, college graduation, seminary graduation, ordination, endorsement for hospital ministry, etc. But now, I'm done with official preparations. There is nothing to work toward. I'm in. I'm done. I got it. I'm approved.

I'm not sure what this means for me, but I think it probably means something.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!! now what are you goning to do with your ("free") time? (asked mom)

10:53 AM, May 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you seen the Da Vinci Code yet? or plan on seeing it? I was wondering what you thought about all the hipe it has created.

10:55 AM, May 24, 2006  
Blogger nickg said...

congrats, willy.

11:39 AM, May 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another hearty congratulations for the heap.

- Steve

7:40 PM, May 24, 2006  
Blogger William Sofield said...

Thanks, everyone.

1:57 PM, May 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home