Friday, March 03, 2006

Reverse Vampire

I gave blood again recently. I really enjoy it, and it's a good thing to do. The bloodmobile comes to the hospital every 8 weeks -- the perfect timing for regular donation. I'm a universal donor, with near legendary veins, so they always like me. I help the new phlebotomists to feel good about the direction of their careers -- they never have any problems sticking me. I have a good heritage of blood donation, I remember my father going often. They always give orange juice and cookies -- and a blood donation T-shirt. I love those T-shirts. They are a badge of honor for me, but my wife hates them.

However, this time -- no T-shirt. What?!? Free movie ticket instead. Ok, that's not bad. But I'd rather have a T-shirt.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is right. I hate the t-shirts. Can you get much worse than a neon colored mesquito with the caption "what's all the buzz about" Give Blood!

I don't personally give blood, but it has to count for something to let my husband wear the shirts out in public.

1:32 PM, March 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home