Tuesday, December 19, 2006

I am Anselm

Really? That's the result of this quiz. I'm surprised. I think perhaps the testmaker was "pigeon-hole-ing" these theologians. For example, I'll bet Calvin is seen basically as TULIP, concepts that he rarely talked about. BTW, I recently re-read volume 2 of Battle's Calvin's Institutes. Good work. Calvin always amazes me.


Anselm

87%

Karl Barth

73%

Charles Finney

73%

John Calvin

73%

Martin Luther

60%

Jonathan Edwards

60%

Jürgen Moltmann

60%

Friedrich Schleiermacher

47%

Augustine

40%

Paul Tillich

33%

Which theologian are you?
created with QuizFarm.com

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger nickg said...

I bet you're right about the quiz-makers. I kind of figured the same thing myself.

11:36 AM, December 19, 2006  
Blogger William Sofield said...

thanks for the link, nickg.

11:42 AM, December 19, 2006  
Blogger nickg said...

Interesting...I retook the quiz, without really remembering what my exact answers were before. At the end, I had to answer a tie-breaker question. This time I came out as Calvin (though his percentage was tied with Moltmann). Their little explanation was the following:

"Much of what is now called Calvinism had more to do with his followers than Calvin himself, and so you may or may not be committed to TULIP, though God's sovereignty is all important."

5:09 PM, December 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home